Royaume-Uni, Londres, Wellcome Library, MS.103
- Conservé à : Londres. Wellcome Library
- Date de fabrication :
- Nombre de feuillets : 1 volume; 62 leaves folio. 28 1/2 x 19 1/2 cm. On vellum: 19th cent. gilt stamped quarter-calf binding.
- Database description transcribed from S.A.J. Moorat, Catalogue of Western Manuscripts on Medicine and Science in the Wellcome Historical Medical Library (London: Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine, 1962-1973).
- Purchased 1910. (Source : Wellcome Library)
- Petrus Aureoli was a Franciscan, who wrote this work in 1312. He was a Doctor of Philosophy at Paris University in 1318, and became Bishop of Aix-en-Provence a year before his death. This treatise is an 'account of Nature in terms of Matter and Form'. [Cf. Sarton 'Introduction to the History of Science', Vol. III, Part I, pp. 528, 529]. (Source : Wellcome Library)
- De principiis naturae. Written in a clear gothic script, in double column of 38-40 lines to a column. Paragraph marks, headings, some initials, and the Index in red. Fol. I, col. I [P]Rincipiorum notitia quan / tum sit efficax ex nature ipsius scrutatione ueritatis do / cet philosophus ... 62v, col. 2 operationes proprie et virtus alterius speciei. / (red) Iste liber scriptus qui scripsit sit benedictus / Blondi guillelmus [sic] in secula sit benedictus. An 18th cent. owner has written in the upper margin of the first leaf 'Blondi Guilelmus. De Materia et forma accidentibus', and this mistake is repeated in the title on the spine. (Source : Wellcome Library)
Sources des données
- wellcomelibrary.org : http://wellcomelibrary.org/item/b19552919
- Wellcome Library